The RV Insider
Spring Checklist for Your RV
For most seasoned RV enthusiasts, May is the beginning of camping season and that means your RV needs to be checked and prepared.
Here is a checklist to prepare your RV for your upcoming adventures.
- Open all doors and compartments. Check for rodent intrusion and water damage.
- Replace any dry cell batteries you may have removed for winter storage.
- Test the carbon monoxide detector, the LP gas leak detector and the smoke detector.
- Check the fire extinguisher and make sure it is fully charged.
- Open the awning to let it dry.
- Raise the radio / TV antenna.
- Inspect all seams, windows and vents for water damage and reseal if necessary.
- Lubricate all hinges and locks with spray lubricant.
- Test the hydraulic jacks if applicable and check the hydraulic fluid level.
- Inspect the tires for signs of dry rot. Inflate all tires to the recommended tire pressure.
Make sure to also check, inspect and test the following:
- Air conditioner
- Electrical system
- Waste Water system
If you are unsure of how to do this or don’t have time, we can do it for you!
Simply book a summerizing appointment with us.